Plays with Yarn

A place where I can ramble about all things knitterly.

Thursday, February 17, 2005

AAAAHHHH!!!

I'm actually making progress on my whatever-number-of-projects I need to complete before buying new yarn. I've completed 4 (yes, pictures will be forthcoming eventually, I'm only home at night lately and the light in the apartment is crappy for pictures), and have 3 more on the needles. Funny thing though, I haven't really found myself wanting to buy all that much yarn. (Of course, I haven't been to the yarn store lately either, so I don't have that much exposure.) I think my next purchase, when the time comes, will be some of the laceweight from Knitpicks. I really want to make another shawl. (Hmm, I have Rowan 34...Birch?)

Right now I'm working on a multidirectional scarf in plum/burgundy/tan Encore, the Newsboy Cap from SnBN in Cashmerino Aran (so unbelievably soft, though I can see that it would pill in a more friction-y environment than a hat, it fuzzes up a bit between my fingers sometimes), and the Mermaid socks from the Lucy Neatby book in a bright Regia. For some reason, the heel placement is confusing me a bit, because of the spiral nature of the rib. I'll figure it out. I'm hoping they bloom a bit, because I cast on the proper number of stitches given my gauge, but they still look small. Gah.

Thought: sock blockers. Anyone got a couple wire hangers?