Plays with Yarn

A place where I can ramble about all things knitterly.

Thursday, February 03, 2005

Music meme

Obligatory knitting content: I'm almost done with Clapotis...started the decrease section last night. With any luck, I'll finish up tonight. Socks are going well too.

Now, I got tagged for this meme by someone I've never read (but immediately added to my Bloglines)...usually I do stuff like this on my LiveJournal, but what the heck.

1. Total amount of music files on your computer?
This is sad...please don't laugh. iTunes tells me I have 5810 songs, 16.9 days, 30.52 gb. Yep. That's a lot of music. Boy and I own a lot of CDs, and the iTunes Music Store is addictive.

2. The CD you last bought is:
I haven't bought a CD in ever, honestly (see above comment re: iTMS). If we're talking about iTunes, I just bought the complete U2 box set. 446 songs, lord!

3. What is the song you last listened to before reading this message?
It was last night...half of "Staring at the Sun" by U2. I paused it when my phone rang and never unpaused it before falling asleep.

4. Write down 5 songs you often listen to or that mean a lot to you.
-- "Don't Speak" by No Doubt: This song got me through my last painful breakup, and even though I have a wonderful relationship now, it still never fails to take me back to that time and make me cry.

--"Just Wait" by Blues Traveler: Have you ever truly listened to the words to this song? It sounds sad, but it's uplifting at the same time.

--"One Week" by BNL: It's my challenge in life to sing along to this song perfectly without getting tongue-twisted.

--"I Will Survive" by Gloria Gaynor: Cheesy, I know, but it brings back memories of high school and my friend Amanda's family room and belting it out with her over and over and over until her brother appeared to tell us to shut up :-)

--"Comfortably Numb" by Pink Floyd: The first Floyd song I ever heard. Boy was smart to expose me to this one first...if we had "A Song", this would be it.

5. Who are you going to pass this stick to? (3 persons) and why?
Well, I'm starting to think the knitblogs are saturated with this meme, so I may have to mix it up a bit:
--Kris, because I've realized that I don't know much about her besides that she knits, cross stitches, and has a very fluffy dog.
--Karrie, because she uses a Mac and needs to post more :-)
--Lara, because I'm seriously having a hard time believing she hasn't been tagged for this yet. And because she uses a Mac.
--(a bonus 4th, non-knitter person)Kelly, because I know how important music is to her.