Plays with Yarn

A place where I can ramble about all things knitterly.

Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Disappearing again...sorry!

If anyone has Lucy Neatby's book Cool Socks, Warm Feet, it is my sworn duty to extol the praises of the Modified Conventional Bind-Off she describes. It's nice and stretchy.

And that's the only knitting that's been happening, is the sock. I've had some stuff come up that leaves me no knitting time temporarily (except on the bus, of course), so since knitting will be sporadic, so will the posting. I'll be back to knitting after the weekend. I'm sure I'll post once before Monday to remind everyone about the contest! (I've had one entry so far.)

BTW, Rogue is currently the front-runner with 11 votes. I swatched with Lamb's Pride, and alas, Lara was right, I couldn't get it to the right gauge. I'm not holding out much hope for the Cascade 220 I'd bought specifically for Rogue either, so I might have to spend my yarn store cert on something different. I can't think of the brand of the yarn I'm thinking of...it's relatively cheap, it comes in decent sized hanks, it's not as soft as Cascade or Lamb's Pride, and it's made by a Canadian company. Google says, "Briggs and Little." That's the one! I could have told you where in the yarn shop it was, but that wouldn't have helped anyone else identify it. There was a nice heathery rusty-pinky-red I was eyeing the last time I was in there.