Plays with Yarn

A place where I can ramble about all things knitterly.

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Hmm....

Maybe this crocheting thing isn't as bad as I thought. I just happened to find another size I hook last night and FINISHED the hat. 4 hours of work (give or take, started it at 6, finished around 12:30, with LOTS of breaks) and I have a CUTE hat. Pictures to come. I'm wearing it right now.

Decided this morning I need some lightweight wristlets. My gloves refuse to stay under my jacket sleeves, and that little strip of wrist skin got really cold today (it was 2 below...and yes, that's Fahrenheit...when I was waiting for the bus). The random khaki Koigu KPPPM I have lying around will be perfect. I'll most likely try to modify the Elegant Gauntlets from Sally Melville's The Purl Stitch a bit. I'd love them as is...if I weren't going to tuck them under a pair of gloves. They won't be able to go as far onto the fingers for this purpose. I'll probably stop maybe half an inch or an inch after the thumb gusset. That'll get them up onto my knuckles.

Almost done with the Kroy socks. Tempted to finish them up today while I'm doing my reading for class. Then I have to come up with a new travel project. Maybe the wristlets. I have an ACM meeting tomorrow afternoon, and I usually knit at these things (provided the secretary shows up, because being vice president, I have to take over for any other absent officer).

Poll: I have a number of projects listed as "on hold" over on the sidebar. If I were to pick one back up, which one do you think it should be? Leave a comment with your answer. (The Master Knitters program doesn't count. I don't feel like knitting swatches right now.)