Plays with Yarn

A place where I can ramble about all things knitterly.

Friday, December 10, 2004

Where am I?

Blogging is going to be sporadic at best until after finals (which are next week), and then non-existent from Christmas through the first week of January. Just so no one worries :-)

Quick pictureless update:
Scarf swap scarf is done except for the weaving-of-the-rest-of-the-ends. I did 2 1/2 stripe repeats without access to a Chibi needle, so I have all those ends. It's narrow, but it's about 8 1/2 feet long, which makes up for it. I think I want one, possibly different colors since that green makes me look ill, but it's a fun scarf. Have a lot of yarn left though, so I might throw in a hat, if I have time next week.

Russ's dad's hat took less than a day to make. Much quicker than socks.

Started the felted turtle today on the bus. Halfway through the top shell (actually more than halfway, as from here on out there's lots of decreasing). With any sort of luck I can finish knitting it tonight and bat my eyelashes at the boy's mom when we go out there this weekend to borrow their washer so I can felt it.

Kerry's coming over to knit/whatever she's working on tonight. This is why I'm hoping I can finish the turtle tonight, since I'm planning to knit.