Plays with Yarn

A place where I can ramble about all things knitterly.

Monday, November 08, 2004

So I was waiting to post until I had time to take pictures of STUFF, but alas, I'm away from my camera (well, and my stuff), so you'll have to use your imagination.

First, my SP was none other than the lovely and talented Christina of La Principessa Knits. I got the last package on Thursday. It contained a green and gold-ish zippy case, 2 bags of candy, Chibi needles (I love me some Chibi needles!), and a Schenmayer (holy crap, I mangled the spelling) book of accessory patterns. I'm eyeing the Fair Isle earflap hat (oh, what the heck, Fair Isle might work better with yarn that ISN'T Red Heart--advice: always try new stuff with wool, because it is forgiving). Thank you Christina!

I decided it was cold enough to pull out the scarves, so I'm wearing one of the many eyelash scarves I made over the spring/summer. So soft, but I don't think I can bring myself to knit another one ever again. Endless garter stitch...ugh. Anyone want 3 random balls of Crystal Palace Splash? (I have mink, orangeade, and I think tide pool.) At least they go fast, because I have that yellow ball that I'm hoping will spontaneously become a scarf without me having to actually knit it, but the practical side of me is reminding me that things like that just don't happen.

WIP update:

Pinup Queen: I'm slowly but surely getting through the sleeves. They're supposed to be 18 1/2 inches before starting the caps, and they're at about 11 inches right now. Whoa, that means I'm *over* halfway through this sweater! I brought them with me to work on during my 3 hours on campus after class tonight.

DNA scarf: I've done 1.5/5 remaining repeats. So, 3.5 to go. Maybe this week. Honest! (I know, I know, I say that a lot.)

Grandfather Gloves: Haven't touched them in about a week. The instructions are mostly okay for doing the left glove, but there are points where it says "reverse". Which means I have to read through it very carefully and translate into small, easy words for myself. Those are also in my bag to work on tonight.

Mom's Whatever-It-Is: Such easy, mindless, yet absolutely beautiful knitting. And that's all I have to say about that.

Oooh, maybe I'll get to start a new project this week!