Plays with Yarn

A place where I can ramble about all things knitterly.

Monday, January 24, 2005

Housekeeping!

Suppose I can take down my Christmas countdown. The last gift has been finished and given (only a month late *blush*), though your Blogmistress seems to have forgotten to take a picture of it. (Kelly? Can you help me out with that? *bats eyelashes*) It fit perfectly, everything was long enough, and it looks wonderful on her. She told me how warm it is too, which is great considering it's barely cleared the zero-degree mark here in a week.

I also switched to Bloglines. Only 7 of the blogs I read don't have a viable feed, which is quite possibly amazing. So my blogroll over there ---> is a bit shorter, but that doesn't mean I stopped reading those blogs...I just switched services to add the blogroll to my blog.

Now...apparently February is Fix-It Month around the blogs. Which leads me to the thought...which of my UFOs will I actually finish, and which should I rip out and save the yarn from? I'm thinking the Turino Silk bag is facing the frog pond...it's hard on my hands, and I don't like the way the colors are melding together. I really would like to finish Ruffles too, but frankly, the knitting is boring me, and I'm not even sure I'd wear it anyway. So maybe that will visit the frog pond as well. I can see that yarn as a mistake rib or thermal knit scarf instead. Is ripping two of the projects out rather than finishing them cheating on my YNBA? You know what, I don't care! I'll just have to finish the beaded scarf instead. I should work on that tonight.

Clapotis is almost done, which is nice because I'm starting to get bored with it too. 10 of 13 of the straight section repeats are done. I started a pair of mittens last night (the Super Mittens from Weekend Knitting) because, like I said before, it's bloody cold here. Finished one of them, which ended up being too big and rather stiff. That's okay, that just means they're layerable. (Magic gloves underneath, anyone?) And I really need to work on Michael's blanket.

All this means I'm itching to start something new. I'm thinking maybe Rosedale. I could always use a new cardigan. Swatching will commence soon.

Time to go clean up the sidebar now.