Plays with Yarn

A place where I can ramble about all things knitterly.

Friday, February 04, 2005

Random Friday stuff

FYI for those of you who are expecting yarn from me: I didn't make it to the post office today, but I'll get there tomorrow.

Finished a hat tonight that matches the Super Mittens I made last week. The hat could stand to be a round or two deeper, but considering I have a foot of the yarn left, I think I did the best I could with what I had. I also finished Clapotis last night except for the blocking, which it desperately needs. I'm not pleased with the edges, so I'm hoping blocking will help that. Of course, I need to find a new home for my blocking board before I can do that.

What to start next? I was thinking of starting the Marsupial bag from SnB, but the yarn I have for it is the same color scheme as pretty much everything I've made lately (red and black), so I'd like a change. Maybe it's time to pull out the Koigu for the gauntlets.

Suddenly having the urge to pull out the Kool-Aid. This could be dangerous...there's really no room in the kitchen right now.

Anyone have any suggestions for yarn stores in San Francisco that are open before 11am on a Friday?