Plays with Yarn

A place where I can ramble about all things knitterly.

Wednesday, August 25, 2004

The say-nothing kind of post

Not much knitterly to report, alas. I'm in a rut...the I-want-to-start-something-new-but-have-no-idea-what rut. So I started a pair of socks...at least they're something different. I hereby christen them the Jelly Bean Socks (super original, considering the yarn color is called Jelly Bean Stripe...it accurately describes the color though). Now I just need to decide whether I want to make them identical or fraternal. I'm leaning to fraternal...I have too many identical pairs of socks. The joys of self-striping sock yarn :-)

Finished the back of Pinup Queen yesterday. Next I think I'm going to do the sleeves. Both at the same time, just to make my life a little easier.

Only two projects? That's not good enough for me, so I'll start something else later. Either (a) a top down raglan a la Glampyre in Lamb's Pride (prairie fire) (b) Coronet in some blue Cascade 220 or (c) a Chickami in some random yellow variegated acrylic stuff I found in the stash. I'm leaning to the Chickami or the raglan. I have enough hats at the moment. I'd like to do something other than ribbing to edge the cami though...I'm thinking seed stitch, but I get bored with that quickly, so maybe some other sort of ribbing would work.

Time to be boring somewhere else.