Plays with Yarn

A place where I can ramble about all things knitterly.

Thursday, August 12, 2004

More ruthlessness

I finally made the decision to get rid of all my cheapo Red Heart. Yes, they have this knack for gorgeous colors that I can't resist, but there is no way I'm going to make ANYTHING out of all that. I rubbed the end of a skein on the underside of my chin and it was painful. Like I'd wear anything made of that. That's just going to go to Goodwill.

I also weeded out a bunch of Lion Brand/Bernat stuff....some Wool-Ease in odd colors, the Boucle and Homespun that I will never end up using, and a bunch of Fun Fur...would anyone be interested in that? I don't want to go to the bother of taking pictures, coming up with prices, blah blah blah, because the whole lot of it isn't worth more than $20 or 30. I put a list on the destashing page, so check it out and make an offer if you want any of it.

This destashing thing is making me feel sort of free. I'm trying to declutter in all aspects of my life, not just craft-wise, and it's a good thing.

In knitting content...well, I really have none. I ran along on the Lace Rib Scarf today while running errands (the pleasant part of taking the bus: free knitting time), and I plan to do a couple more rows on Charlotte tonight, but other than that, I'm just posting to babble about reducing stash. Go me, and stuff. Or something.

I should take more WIP pics. I've got decent progress on a bunch of stuff, so they might be interesting. *shrug*