Plays with Yarn

A place where I can ramble about all things knitterly.

Sunday, August 08, 2004

Some Secret Pal help.

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer high-end/natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?

Well, sort of. I haunt the LYS regularly and have an extensive collection of Noro and Brown Sheep, but I also have a load of Wool-Ease that I use on occasion. I reserve the Red Heart stash I already had for trying new stitches and techniques. I mostly avoid acrylics because I like soft stuff, and acrylic doesn't usually fit that. Encore is an exception...it seems to have enough wool in it to be okay. The next HP scarf I make is going to be in 100% wool though, b/c I live in Maine and need the extra warmth.


2. Do you spin? Crochet?
Well, I bought a drop spindle beginner kit, but I haven't come anywhere close to figuring it out yet. I may like it, I may not, I don't know. I'm capable of crocheting (laboriously) and have a couple crochet books, but I MUCH prefer knitting. Probably because I'm better at it.


3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
I claim to be allergic to cigarette smoke because I hate it THAT MUCH, but not really. I'm sensitive to perfumes, but again, I don't know if that qualifies as allergies.


4. How long have you been knitting?
Ages. I used to knit squares when I was a kid, and attempted to knit a sweater for the last boyfriend (I gave up on the sweater before I gave up on the boy, actually.) It's only been recently that I've actually made stuff.


5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yeah, the Amazon list is under himeykitty at hotmail dot com, if you look it up by e-mail. I suppose I should link it somewhere, but I usually use it for my own reference.


6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
Vanilla, citrusy stuff, fresh grassy-kind of stuff. My current obsession is The Body Shop's satsuma.


7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
OOOOOH yeah. I feed it quite well on my own though :-)


8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
Knitting, that's about it. I do decorate-y things on occasion.


9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if you want to make her a CD)
Chick-rock, classic rock, hard rock, world music (especially African, Middle Eastern, and Celtic) and trance. I'm always on the lookout for completely random cover songs. Tori Amos and BNL are good for those :-)


10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer?
Yellow, blue, brighter pastel-y types, and darker browns. Pretty much any green except the really bright neon ones.


11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Live alone, owned by one cat, have a boyfriend who I only see on weekends (he lives two hours away, bah).


12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)
Not sure yet...to save up enough money so I can stay at home and knit?