Plays with Yarn

A place where I can ramble about all things knitterly.

Sunday, July 25, 2004

The votes are tallied

Looks like y'all want me to list what I have here before I throw it on eBay. I can do that. I need to write up a small webpage with the list and take a bunch of pictures and stuff, then I'll let you know the address to that...just so I don't have to post a big long entry going on and on. Lisa wanted to know how much I'd want for the Kureyon. It averages about $8.50/ball in stores and $65-70/bag of 10 on eBay (except for the really popular discontinued colors, which I do have a couple of...I saw a batch of 5 in color #70 go for over $90!), so I think probably $6 a ball from blogreaders. But look for that in the next week or so. I have to buy batteries for the digicam. (BTW, if anyone's interested, I do have some needles and a ball of Schaefer Elaine up right now. Needles end tomorrow afternoon, Elaine ends Tuesday afternoon. Username is himeykitty2.)

In actual knitting news, I'm plugging away at the WIPs I have and started a flower washcloth from Weekend Knitting, just to have something small going. I did a few rows on Charlotte Friday afternoon. Those rows are getting long, and after doing the math I'm going to add over 100 more stitches before I'm done. Over 300 stitches in the last few rows! That'll be fun to bind off. I need to get moving on my Christmas list...I have 5 months as of today. I should start Roy's DNA scarf, as that's probably the most complicated thing to do. I just have to find sport weight alpaca first. Have to go to Cityside (soon!) and see if they have the kind I'm looking for.