Plays with Yarn

A place where I can ramble about all things knitterly.

Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Knots are bad.

Especially in expensive Noro yarn. This Shinano is pissing me off anyway, even before the lovely knot I discovered this morning. I don't know if it's just this batch, but the random patches of unspun roving alternating with what amounts to thread is highly irritating. The scarf doesn't look bad (except for one patch where 3 rows in a row had roving in the same spot, so there's a big lump there), but it's annoying to work with.

I'd also like to hear back from Interweave about the fact that I haven't received the first issue of my subscription, when the subscription e-mail said it would be mailed on July 22nd. I e-mailed them asking about it on Monday. (I e-mailed Vogue Knitting the same day b/c I haven't received the fall issue of that either, and I had a response within half an hour saying a replacement issue would be sent out.) Growl.

I've been making progress on Kelly's sweater, and sending out loads of yarn to people who are all too happy to help me destash. Yay people! Sent out my first SP gift last week too. I'll be anxious to see her reaction.