Plays with Yarn

A place where I can ramble about all things knitterly.

Friday, May 07, 2004

Well, guess who did absolutely nothing on UFO night!

That's right, I went out last night and by the time I got home, I didn't feel like knitting. Today I'm not letting myself knit until I get some good cleaning done, and I've made reasonable progress so far, but it's still gonna take a while.

Yesterday afternoon I started the back of Shapely, and the other day I bought yarn for the Bistro Top. Fantasy Naturale, like the other yarn I wanted to use, but in a medium pastel rainbow colorway. I'd link to the colorcard, but the variegateds aren't on it, just the solids. Bah! Bah, I say! Maybe I'll start that soon, or save it for a car project for the trip. With me, who knows? I'm also thinking of furthering my crochet knowledge and trying this pattern for a cloche hat I found. It didn't come with a picture, so I have no idea what it'll end up looking like, but it's worth a try, right? I bought a bunch of cheap-ass cotton at Wallyworld the other night, so if it doesn't work, I'm only out a couple bucks.