Plays with Yarn

A place where I can ramble about all things knitterly.

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Seaming is not the devil.

That doesn't mean I have to like it though.

As soon as I get home today, I'm going to play a little game of "what a difference a year makes." I was seaming Bistro yesterday (yes, that means FO pics!) and realized that I could barely see the seam. A nice contrast from Shapely last year where the seam was so ugly that I never wanted to lift my arms. Here's hoping I can get the macro mode on my camera to work adequately.

So here's Bistro, modeled by a very sexy coat hanger:

Pattern: Bistro Top by Oat Couture
Yarn: Plymouth Fantasy Naturale
Needles: Denise interchangeable sz 8 and 9

(Sharp eyes will notice the unblocked-ness.) Modeled shots will happen on another day. The sleeves hang a bit wonky on me, so I think I need to try to do something about that. If it's even possible. Maybe once I wash it it'll soften up.

Next FO is seen here on a tall skinny floor lamp:

Pattern: none
Yarn: Plymouth Eros (less than half a ball, by my estimate)
Needles: Denise interchangeable sz 10.5

Again, no modeled shots. Kelly tried it on yesterday 3 different ways (belt, headband, and scarf) and they all looked cute.

I need to start something on bigger needles. All of my current WIPs are in fingering weight yarn (yes, even the tank top that appeared on the sidebar last night). If I don't start something else using bigger needles, my hands will go on strike.