Plays with Yarn

A place where I can ramble about all things knitterly.

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

To frog or not to frog....

...that is the question. Though, given the project in question, there won't be frogging as much as there will be...um, cutting the current work off the unknit yarn.

Yeah, I'm thinking about giving up the beaded scarf. For a couple reasons:

  1. Seriously, can anyone see me wearing ANYTHING beaded?
  2. If it's languished unworked-on for a year, is it truly likely that I'll pick it back up?
  3. Orange Branching Out scarf. Nuff said.
I'll try actually frogging it, but if it makes me cry (it *is* mohair after all) I'll just cut my losses and cut. Or maybe I'll just finish off the last repeat of what I've done and turn it into a...I dunno, something decorative.

Finished the Helen Keller scarf yesterday, will post pictures soon. I need to wash it first to see if it softens up a bit. It's of Schaefer Elaine, which is wonderfully springy and squooshy (yes, that's the technical term), but being mostly merino wool, I expected it to be softer. Must be the binding thread that's interfering with that, but it's worth a wash anyway.