Plays with Yarn

A place where I can ramble about all things knitterly.

Thursday, October 07, 2004

Well, damn.

Amazing what I can do when I put my mind to it. I told myself that I was going to do another repeat of the DNA scarf last night, so I could be on track to start the ribbing this weekend...by the time I put it down, I'd done over a repeat and a half and only stopped so I could go eat omelets with friends. That's 3 1/2 done. I'm hoping to finish the cabling tonight and start the ribbing. I'm into the second ball of yarn now, and I actually spliced the ends together to join the new ball. Yay, no end weaving! Question though...is there a secure way to splice cotton yarn? This is alpaca, and the splice felted together slightly, which is the only reason I trust it to stay secure.

Almost done with Ernest's socks too. Yay! They're getting boring...yep, more stockinette in the round. I have maybe an inch to go before starting the toe. That should be finishable on the bus today (especially if I go to the yarn store like I'm considering...no, I don't need yarn, but I like to pet things and say hi to the ladies who work there).

Got a package from Herrschner's yesterday, containing yarn for my cousin's afghan (8 skeins of Homespun in Mission....I know, I know, I'm going to be swearing in such a way that a sailor will be impressed by the time I'm done), some Crystalites crochet hooks, and some Patons Divine for a sweater I've been drooling over in Hip Knits. So very fuzzy. It's...pink. Yes, I seem to like pink all of a sudden. Someone tell me what's going on in my head!