Plays with Yarn

A place where I can ramble about all things knitterly.

Wednesday, June 30, 2004

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...wait. No. NO!

Something else I need to do if I'm going to knit stuff for Christmas presents is find another bin, put all the yarn I'm reserving for Christmas knitting into it (so (1) I don't use it for other stuff and (2) I know what else I need to buy) along with a list of what's being used for whom, AND keep the Christmas FOs in that bin as well. (How's that for a badly-structured sentence? You'd never believe I have a degree in English, would you?)

Just a thought I was having while I was starting someone's Christmas present just now. (I'm making my advisor a mistake-rib scarf in raspberry alpaca. Mmm, soft. I have maybe half an inch done now *grin*)

Edit: The alpaca just told me it doesn't really feel like being mistake rib. (It tried it for 3/4 of an inch, and they just weren't getting along. I've got the lean-y back and forth thing going on the columns of single knits. I totally need to take the master knitters course.) Maybe feather and fan instead. Where's my stitch dictionary?