Plays with Yarn

A place where I can ramble about all things knitterly.

Wednesday, June 30, 2004

The more and more I think about it, the more I want to try the TKGA master knitters program. To the point where, once I get my next paycheck, I'm ordering level 1. I know there's a knit-along already, but if anyone wants to sort of buddy up and do it with me, comment or leave a note on the tagboard. (*ahemJessieahem*)

I finished the Deco-Ribbon bag today, well, except for the sewing-y stuff (the lining and the handles). I might hire my mom to do that for me, because, well, if you've read anything I've ever written EVER, you know my dislike for sewing. Of course, I was in a weird mood today and put it on my head, and it's the perfect size for a crazy, almost kitty-ear-looking hat. If I pull the corners in and tack them on the inside, it would be really cute. Decisions, decisions. I guess I'll call it done and decide what to do with it later.

I'm realizing that if I want to knit Christmas presents, I'd better get going on it, since next semester will be a lot more busy than the summer (duh!). I've got one done, but big deal, it was probably the simplest and fastest one on my list. Yes, I realize every new knitter says "Oooh, I can knit everyone I've ever met something for Christmas." I also realize every new knitter says "Oooh, yes, I know every new knitter fails miserably at knitting lots and lots of presents, but I'll be the one to succeed." My solution for that is, knit the most important ones or the most complicated first, and if I don't get to the last ones, no big deal.

I also finally figured out what to do with Michael's afghan. Doubled Homespun (I know, I know, but I have a couple cones in colors he likes, and that's an easy way to get it GONE!), big needles (that I need to buy this weekend), and seed stitch. Easy enough, quick enough, and he's already impressed enough that some random older cousin will knit him something.

Okay, now that I only have two projects on the needles, and one will most likely be done by Friday, it's time to start something else. Any ideas?