Plays with Yarn

A place where I can ramble about all things knitterly.

Thursday, June 24, 2004

Actual FOs *gasp*

You know, I haven't really finished much lately. I keep starting things, getting bored, and frogging. And miraculously, that didn't happen with Shapely, and here she is:



Those colors are totally not accurate. The old "take picture of self in mirror" doesn't lend well to color accuracy. The yarn is from Elann.com, Endless Summer Sonata Print, and it was pretty much all stockinette stitch, all the time.

Now prepare for cuteness. Are you prepared? Okay, here we go.



You can't really get a good look at the hat, but it's the only picture I have of Taylor actually wearing the dang thing and not whipping it off as my camera went "clicky." (See how his hand is blurry? I caught it just in time, because his hand was on its way up to pull it off.) It's the Bottom's Up pattern from ChicKnits.com, the smallest size, which is still too big for him, and the yarn is Lion Brand Lion Cotton. It came out nice, but the cotton was hard to work with doubled on the brim. My hands hurt just thinking about it.