Plays with Yarn

A place where I can ramble about all things knitterly.

Monday, April 19, 2004

Pondering

Well, I said on my main journal that I was taking a hiatus from blogging because of some things that are going on in my life. But I think I'm still going to keep up my knitting journal, because, with all this stuff going on, knitting seems to be the only thing that's keeping me sane right now. So I'll still be posting here.

I still owe some pics of the two blue scarves I've made, a couple of hats, and some Kool-Aid yarn. I've rolled 3 out of 4 batches into balls, and they look pretty cool. I'll have to swatch them and see how they turn out.

On the needles:
Still working on the kitty bed and the Homespun sweater.
Finishing up a beige hat.
Still casting on for the beaded scarf (230 stitches of really fine yarn really tests my patience.)
Going to start a Bottoms Up Bucket Hat (http://www.chicknits.com) in Cotton Fleece. I ordered banana and putty, which one should I make first?

In the process of converting my needle collection to bamboo. I'll have to sell the metal/plastic ones on eBay.