Plays with Yarn

A place where I can ramble about all things knitterly.

Sunday, March 20, 2005

The end is in sight....

I did some math tonight, and I have 140 rows left on the Afghan Of DOOM. Yes, sounds like a lot, but I'm in the decrease section, so these 140 rows will keep getting smaller and smaller....now, what to do for the edging? I'll most likely just single-crochet around it (ugh) unless I can come up with something better. Which most likely won't happen, as I hate both seaming and picking up stitches. Crochet just seems like a better idea. Remember, it's for a teenage boy, so simple is better.

I'm going to have probably 4 skeins of Homespun left. Might be good for charity scarves and hats and such.

Speaking of charity, I think that's what I'm going to do with a number of my hats and things that I've made that I don't particularly like. I've been told that homeless people need warm clothing even when it gets warmer, so off they go. They'll be more useful there than in a plastic drawer under my bed.

Back to the never ending afghan...