Plays with Yarn

A place where I can ramble about all things knitterly.

Thursday, March 18, 2004

Booga Bag knitalong....begun!

The Booga bag knitalong began today. Good timing, as I needed a new project. I was going to start the Kittyville hat from SnB, but this works instead. While Kelly was over, I got 6 rows of the bottom done (could have gotten more done if I wasn't putzing online), and (yes, I realize it's 1am) I'm hoping to get a good portion of the bottom done before I go to bed so I can pick up the stitches tomorrow. As I knit more with the Kureyon, I'm liking it more and more. I like the subtle gradations of the colorway, so different from the typical few inches it takes for most to completely change color. Must get more Kureyon.

I think I should also have something mindless and easy on the needles at the same time, so I think I might cast on my other Splash scarf or the Coney Island scarf (again, from SnB...god, I love that book!) Garter stitch, knit until the yarn runs out. What could be easier?

I'm still on the lookout for a sweater pattern for myself that I'm really liking. I want to get through a sweater for myself before I start Kelly's. (I have plenty of time, I promised it for her for Christmas.) I just don't want a gift sweater to be the first one I ever make...I want to muddle through one that doesn't really matter first. Make sense?

BTW, started and finished the roll-brim hat last night. I feel like I knit wrong with circs...is the nylon wire supposed to face you, or the gap between the needles? I suppose it really doesn't matter, since everyone knits differently. The hat turned out well. Very quick knit (well, for me). Next up: weave the ends of the Windy City scarf and sew up the mouse I made. (Knit a quick and dirty mouse out of some leftover wool last night. I'm going to knit more for the Boy's mom's cats.)

Busy busy busy. The more I knit, the more I enjoy it.