Plays with Yarn

A place where I can ramble about all things knitterly.

Sunday, March 14, 2004

What I did during spring break

This scarf is the first thing I have EVER finished. (I've known how to knit since forever, but really started doing it seriously recently during a bout with depression.) It's in the process of being blocked, here's detail of it pinned out. It's chestnut heather Lion Brand Wool-Ease worsted, the pattern is the faggot lace scarf from Knitting for Dummies.



This hat, modeled by yours truly, is made of the same yarn as the previous scarf. The pattern is "Most Basic Hat" from Hip to Knit.



This basic garter stitch scarf is of Crystal Palace Yarns Splash. I fell in love with the color scheme and like the way it knit up. It took me only an afternoon of off-and-on work. I plan to make at least 10 more *grin*.



And this is the Kitschy Kerchief from Stitch N Bitch, made out of some completely random sport weight yarn with a German name that I can't remember. (It's a tweed of a dark rose, dark grey, and either black or navy blue, I can't tell, it seems to change in the light.) I'm going to make a solid colored one in seed stitch at some point.



(xposted to )